Best of the Best

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Music Appreciation and EVMCO

December 6, 2015 (part 2)

Saturday night was the night I had tickets to Jill’s choir concert -- EVMCO. We decided it was time to take Josh, Zach and Anna to the concern. None of them wanted to go since it meant they couldn’t hang out with friends. Little did they know that a lot of their friends are in the youth concerts. In fact, Zach and Anna had such a good time pointing out all of their friends when they were singing that I had “shush” them quite a few times.

Anyway, I was mostly interested to see Zach’s reaction to the singing since, as you know, he sings the most in our family. I thought he would love the music and the power and sound, etc. And I could tell from the get-go that he was blown away by how good it was. It didn’t seem to faze Anna or Josh at all. In fact, Josh complained that it was too loud and we should have sat in the back so his ears wouldn’t hurt. 

I think if the concert was 45 minutes instead of 90 minutes, Zach would have been in heaven. But some of the songs were a little long for him - mostly the obligatory Christmas songs from other countries (Africa and Germany, to name a few). But the show ended with a bang and I think Zach appreciated it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment